Monday, February 7, 2011

Finding Your Niche

In the awesome sauce that is blogging.


Since I started in October, it still doesn't even seem as though I've taken off yet.

A lot of people blog about their lives & experiences & it is funny shit. God knows I've had to have lived a more interesting & log worthy life than anyone I've known, and up until a few years ago, could have had the funniest "life/humor blog" out there, but right now........ I'm picking up all the pieces from that instead, and building anew, from the ground up. It's been a strange time for me to start.

This past year or two I've had friends on my ass with all this "You have to blog. I'm telling you, you have to get your comedic genius out there (yes, it's there even if you specifically haven't seen it yet). Your rants & the words & shit you make up alone are so damn funny."


So I did, and I wonder why I hadn't years ago, but only entertained the idea.

Maybe I thought I'd never make it, or keep up with it, but here I am with a list of followers, already into it and I'm determined, and I have a purpose - To make you pee your pants, to make you relate &/or just pee your pants some more. It's what I've always done best from day 1 of my existence, and I want to share that which is my biggest joy in life with you - The laughs.
(And If I ever am responsible for such a gesture, don't send me the laundry bill)

Which can be difficult sometimes when you're clouded & focusing so much on everything being off kilter in your personal life.

I walk out of this storm of what some may call "tragedy", but I walk out of it in a suit of armor, and when I turn from the pile of rubble I only see light ahead. So I know I'm going to keep on with all this newness that's entered my world or die trying. Everything takes adjusting.

So until I find my niche, the things people love to come here & hear about most, that they can relate to most, that makes them laugh their ass right off their hips, you gotta bear with getting to know me through my random thoughts & silly or outrageously & obscene rants & nonsense.

I can't predict what turns this blog may take in the future as I establish this strange & foreign to me new life, but I can promise it will always be upbeat & entertaining. Just bear with me here.

And those of you who have been reading with good faith basically from the beginning - I love you more than you know. To all bloggers: These people are so awesome & vital to your venture in blogging. Never under appreciate them.

16 comments:

  1. You rock to no end! I love coming to your blog for a laugh and lets face it...it kinda feels good to piss on myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started reading but I am in love already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies rock!! You put a huge smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if you're writing up a serious post or humorous post or completely whacked out post, your words are well worth reading. I like the way you think. And ss long as you do the blog for yourself and write for yourself, you can't go wrong. Write what you want to write. It's very therapeutic, as I've found out during the three plus years of doing my blog. As far as what people expect, they can go blow a donkey. I'll do my own damn thing.

    Oh shit! I just pissed myself. Thanks a lot!;-)

    Take care, LilPixi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's the best answer I'm ever gonna get.
    Hands down, word for word.

    I think it's that somedays I feel I could do so much better, but there's so much clouding my mind.
    I wanna get into the swing & feel like "Here it is 100%, the best of me." I'll get into that zone of contentment. ;~}

    And if I ever do a giveaway, I'll make sure it's for adult pampers, so we can all stay safe & dry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!! Make me pee my pants!!

    Wait. That sounded wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea why this reminded me of how every time I'd see my grandma as a kid, I'd throw myself down some stairs or something similar to make her laugh, and she'd nearly piss her pants.

    That's a cool grandma.
    We talk about some weird shit here. Gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep doing what you're doing and we'll keep following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep doing what you're doing and like anything it will evolve on its own. Writing ebbs and flows.. and that is okay. I for one adore this blog, and while I don't comment much.. I read.
    Write what you feel... happy, sad, pissed..whatever. As long as you are true to how you feel the rest will take care of itself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Holly. That means a lot coming from someone so awesome. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Luck at finding your 'niche'..(I think you already have, by the way)...keep being yourself and making me laugh and I'll keep coming back!

    Hugs....from your newest follower! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenny, I think you're awesome already. Thank you for the kind words. =)

    You know, I think you have a point there & I think I wrote this on a day I was letting insecurity get the best of me. I also wanted to let my readers in on the real me a lil more, emotions I've been through & how they affect my writing.

    Right back atcha, mama. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everybody brings something to the blogging table. My thought is I don't have to reach everyone just the right ones...you know...every composer has their own particular following....like most of the long haired 70's bands..their music all sounded alike to our parents but we knew Foreigner from Journey from Rush and we had our favs that touched us in different ways ( dont go perv on me here). Well my gawd Im about to choke myself up so......hang in there babe...youre kool w/ me.
    SmiLes
    LiBBy BuTTons

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, mama. Right back atcha.
    I love the smiles.

    I know all the right readers will find me in time, as they have already.

    You know that feeling when you're just starting something but you feel you're already slipping because so much other crap is distracting you... Your own WORST critic...

    I think this is what I was really getting at here. I go back over my posts for a certain time frame & think "Wow, how half-assed, how not even close to your best." I've gone through some CRAZY changes, trying to adapt to them (& my rule is to never let the negative into my blog), so in a sense I'm saying to bear with me if you can, ya'll, if I ever seem a lil stale & infrequent. I took on a lot of newness all at once, with not much direction.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My life, ya'll. It's hard to blog about it because it's still in shambles, which also affects my thought process some days. It's all a process.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...