I have failed miserably at being around & posting more & visiting blogs more, but it's not without good reason.
Ya see, my lovelies...... I spent over 5 years living day & night on a forum of seriously geeky folks who wanted to be hippies, though real hippies are quite different from what they were, and they did NOTHING, day in, day out, and when they finally did get together at a festival or whatever, it was so boring & messed up weird, you just wanted to shoot yourself in a state of "Is this really my life?" and it was for a long time, and I did NOTHING too.
This was conformity. at. its. absolute. worst and most stupid.
(And I know Kelly will be hanging his head in shame, but at least now he has an idea on why I'm even more of a radical than I ever was. In the end I would not conform to the corrupt & ridiculous conformity of lame assness. It took a long time to fully realize WTF I had been doing for all those years of my life. I live my life on my terms & morals, and I wasn't even living, at all.)
This was conformity. at. its. absolute. worst and most stupid.
(And I know Kelly will be hanging his head in shame, but at least now he has an idea on why I'm even more of a radical than I ever was. In the end I would not conform to the corrupt & ridiculous conformity of lame assness. It took a long time to fully realize WTF I had been doing for all those years of my life. I live my life on my terms & morals, and I wasn't even living, at all.)
Now that I've gotten out of the trap, my senses go nuts over things; the smell of summer in the air, all the different things I can do in a day, all the different places I can go. I appreciate every little thing about life in ways that I could never see before.
You lose perspective of life. You lose YOURSELF, and you lose your life itself in that situation.
So, me and hanging out online too much have our issues.
I now love to travel to Florida on a whim. I love to garden all day & go out & about to fun & interesting places, and I love keeping myself busy, productive & happy. Before that trap I had an INCREDIBLE life, and I've been living to get that all back these days.
Moving on from that bullshit that's too lame to even continue mentioning, let me explain what the hell has been going on on my suburban FARM, so you can get some ideas on why the hell I haven't been blogging much.
Last year I spent weeks digging myself up gardens & experimenting with vegetables.
I even grew corn, people! Fucking corn! This isn't Nebraska, or wherethefuckever!
Let me give you the list for this year of what the hell I've been working on planting & tilling & preparing.
Last year I spent weeks digging myself up gardens & experimenting with vegetables.
| This is just one of my 5 vegetable boxes. |
| Squash, Zucchinis, and my plethora of Peas. |
| Turnips & Carrots fresh from the ground. |
| Black Beauty & mini Gretel Eggplants. |
| Trellaces of snap peas. |
| Carrots in abundance. |
| I also have 10 + giant pots on my deck in which I grow all my tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, strawberries, and herbs. |
![]() |
| C'mon, I'm Italian. What do you expect? We're serious about our gardens, vegetables, and particularly our tomatoes. |
| I hold my beautiful Jalapenos just as dear. You wouldn't believe how many these pots grow. |
I even grew corn, people! Fucking corn! This isn't Nebraska, or wherethefuckever!
Let me give you the list for this year of what the hell I've been working on planting & tilling & preparing.
- Zucchinis
- Black Beauty Eggplants (Aubergines & Courgettes according got Mr. B. ;~) You have to admit how much cooler those names are.
- Broccoli
- Cauliflower (both new additions this year)
- Snap Peas, Snow Peas, and Shelling Peas
- Garden Bush Beans
- Squash
- Corn
- Watermelons galore
- Canteloupes
- Butter Lettuce and Black Seeded Lettuce
- Asparagus
- Carrots
- Scallions
- Strawberries
- Cherry, Roma, Grape, Early Girl, and Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Green Bell, Yellow Bell, Red Bell, Jalapeno, Serano, and Pepperoncini Peppers
- Dill, Cilantro, Chives, Oregano, Basil, Parsley, Mint
This isn't even including my flowers & I left out Onions this year. I may start some Potatoes as well.
So, you can see how busy I'm keeping myself just with that alone, not to even mention all the other things I've been doing, places I've been going, etc.
There is one thing about this year's gardens that separate it from the last.
![]() |
| That's right, pure cow shit. YUM! |
NOW we're talking attack of the mutated, possibly homicidal vegetables. When they grow giant brains & start conspiring against me, I will let you know! When they break into my house & start drinking my tequila, the fucking war is ON!
Now, I'm not sure if you're familiar with the particular downfalls of gardening, but there's a general rule & that is "If you can grow it, some lil mutant shit insect can kill it in a day." I learned that the hard way. My two gigantic, fruiting Zucchini plants were wiped out in 24 hours by Squash Vine Borers, which dig their way into the the main stalk of the plant & eat it from the inside out, but if you think that's bad, meet my arch nemesis from Mars, the Tomato Horned Worm...
I'm not sure you can see the lil horn on its back, but these are the biggest, ugliest, nastiest things you'll ever lay your eyes on, and they disguise themselves as plant foliage, so they can devour entire tomato plants & strip them bare in just a few days.
Moths come & lay eggs on the underside of the leaves & these creatures hatch from them & live on the plants. Then wasps come & infest the worms with their eggs & lil baby wasps hatch from their backs, killing the worms. Are you throwing up yet? Not yet? What if I told you these things move their mouths at you while they make some ungodly sound from outer space? And you have to dispose of them properly because if they get thrown into the soil, they overwinter in it & come back infesting everything.
So, as much as I wanted to continue going organic this year, I got me a big old bottle of Super Seven insecticide & there won't be shit eating my plants this year!
So, clearly I've been super busy and am trying to keep up with other blogs as much as possible & best as I can as well, but I think it's gonna take me some time to adjust & incorporate frequent blogging into my agenda. Nevertheless, I will get there. I love blogging way too much to just abandon it. Some seasons & some phases of life are just more busy than others.
But not only do I have all this being busy to focus on.....Now I have this shit to worry about too.
AGAIN, in case you don't remember the whole killer vegetables ordeal from a previous post.
The point is, now I have to worry about mutated vegetables uprooting in the middle of the night & possibly breaking into the house to kill me.
Not a usual post from me, but more of a brief update. I have another post in the works to update you on other rather freaking humorous goings on in my life lately and that should be up soon.
For now, I hope you're all enjoying this wonderful summer so far!
But not only do I have all this being busy to focus on.....Now I have this shit to worry about too.
AGAIN, in case you don't remember the whole killer vegetables ordeal from a previous post.
The point is, now I have to worry about mutated vegetables uprooting in the middle of the night & possibly breaking into the house to kill me.
![]() |
| Shouldn't this be a survival guide? |
Not a usual post from me, but more of a brief update. I have another post in the works to update you on other rather freaking humorous goings on in my life lately and that should be up soon.
For now, I hope you're all enjoying this wonderful summer so far!



I'm completely jealous. I am doing my first attempt at gardening this year. Did everything properly, bought grow lamps to help germinate the seeds indoors, etc.
ReplyDeleteIt's june 6th, and about 2/3 of my shit is dead or dying. The black thumb wins again...
Brandon, I went through that for years. I couldn't seem to grow a damn thing.
ReplyDeleteI learned last year there are SO many factors! Most of the time, in the beginning, the troubles start with over-watering or inconsistent watering or heat stroke. I'd be glad to help you out with anything you want to know about! Feel free to just ask. I have some great knowledge on it now.
There is no way in heck I am drinking that Kool aid!
ReplyDeleteThat shit's poisonous!
ReplyDeleteMy garden is a block away, conveniently located in the produce section of the grocery store.
ReplyDeleteHey you! I can't believe I missed you when you were in Boston!!
ReplyDeletebovung: definite possibility for my new band name
ReplyDeletei've always had the dark thought in the back of my brain that this online living was hazardous...to my living
:O
Phoenix - It really can be. I was living proof. I do find blogging innocent, though. One of the reasons I love it so much. I find most message boards to be a totally different story, though. Except the Eden community. Those chicks fuckin' rock!
ReplyDeleteSo what you're saying is, Spring is a very busy time for you, eh? That's cool. That's the way it should be. We're cooking in Memphis from the heat already and the first day of summer isn't for another 2 weeks!
ReplyDeleteThe heat is getting brutal here in Baahston already. This is when working outside to that degree gets brutal. Some of my plants aren't going to be too happy about it either.
ReplyDeleteI have serious garden envy! I just started planting mine over at the community garden. I decided since we are moving to be kind to myself, and so I planted the entire plot with nothing but vines, squash, melons, and pumpkins. I hope to throw in some potatoes and beets (yes beets) but I'll see. As for Manure! Now that we live next to the shore, I used LOBSTER MANURE! I didn't even know there was such a thing. But Bovung...now that looks like the powerhouse of dirt nutrition!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this post. Your green thumb is crazy amazing! Blogging is good, but being active is probably better. Enjoy Lil Pixi. BTW, Are you living in New England too?
Hi Rebecca! =) Yes, I'm about 20 minutes north of a Boston in a quaint lil suburban town. I love to travel up to N.H & Maine as well!
ReplyDeleteLobster manure? That's very interesting!!
I wonder how well that works. Last year a friend of mine got me a bunch of rabbit manure from her work, but I didn't get to use it, so I'm excited to see how well the manure works out this year!
That does sound like a lovely lil garden. =) Wonderful picks, and all things that grow great together! I would have planted pumpkins, but no need. I have one box that seems to be infested with pumpkin seeds every year after the plants die off, so every late summer, a plethora of pumpkins takes over the entire space, which would be great if the pumpkins actually grew in there!
Thank you, and I agree on the being active.
I hope you're truly having a wonderful late spring/early summer, sister! <3
God, I hate it when you post something this great, educational, funny and completely fuckin' honest and I'm nowhere to be found because I'm doing favors for a friend for a couple days and going without internet another day. Forgive me? Also, you said, ' And I know Kelly will be hanging his head in shame...' Oh no I won't be. I know what you're talking about and I could never consider you a bleepin' conformist. No way. Sorry. You are an artistic, agricultural-lovin', smart, funny as fuck gal and gifted writer and this post just proves it again.
ReplyDeleteI love what you've done with your vegetables. They look beautiful. I love the facts you included here about worms and larvae. It made me hungry. Mmmmm. I've seen that Tomato Horned Worm before. They're a pain in the ass, aren't they? To tell the truth, I've grown a few things myself and I'll leave it at that. My thumb isn't that green and I'm nowhere near skill level in growing vegetables. Great you have this outdoor hobby. Beautiful pics! Take care and <3 to you, LilPixi.
Aww, I love you, Kelly!! What a wonderful comment. Forgive ME for being a little slow on responding. What a crazy night.
ReplyDeleteYa gotta keep in mind I was truly terrible at it at first. I couldn't grow a damn thing for many years vegetable-wise. I had to gain a real knowledge of what the frick I was doing. Those tomato worms are freaky & gross as all hell!
I see both you & Rebecca have new posts up & I truly can't wait to read both of them! I am so tired right now I'm nearly cross eyed, so I may have to take that delightful entertainment with my morning coffee, but I will be there asap nevertheless. <3 I'm feeling all bloggy buddie sappy now. LOL. I love you guys. And where the hell is Gary? I didn't miss any posts by him did I? So much love, Kelly. I'll be over before late morning tomorrow if not tonight. <3
I'm honestly not sure what to make of this. Well actually I do, but as I was reading and going through your list, I was accidentally waiting for something filthy to come up and well, it didn't. Sorry my dear, i'm such a fucking perv I had my mind somewhere else.
ReplyDeleteVery educational and interesting. You are the lil national geographic pixi whateverness, just full of information and educational shit.
Whereas all I talk about are penises.
However, as I read your list a second time, they are all ingredients for very interesting uhm... experiments that could go well in your sex toy review page.
You my dear, plant very phallic things and a lot of bushy stuff and cherries popping edibles.
You certainly know how to make it ambiguous.
Or is it just me being a perv?
I love how you surprise me :P
Bloggy buddy sappy hahahaha
ReplyDeleteI see I'm chopped liver though, boo hoo :(
You weren't here for me to say I'll be by in the morning, silly! =P (And Gary has been MIA for what seems like forever now). =(
ReplyDeleteI knew it! You were thinking about sexual zucchinis and what not. Haha!
"lil national geographic pixi whateverness"
Dude, you. fucking. crack. me. up!!
Try experimenting with an eggplant like that because I sure as hell won't. LOL. Bushy stuff. Aw, man, you kill me.
I promise to by all your blogs in the morning. I'm WAY looking forward to it. I'm just trying to wind down tonight & ya'll are gonna keep me up laughing & beaming if I do that now. I just love you all to pieces!
I live in Southern New Hampshire. We could have a manure exchange!
ReplyDeleteSounds delightful! LOL. =)
ReplyDeleteSeriously, that's so cool we live so close!! There's really nothing like New England, eh? It's gorgeous!
Good for you for breaking away from the computer and getting your hands dirty! I've been trying to do the same, but haven't got near the spread you've got. I'm super impressed with all those vegetables and would loooooove to chow down on them. Really wanting homemade salsa now lol.
ReplyDeleteHey LilPixi, Gary is in Canada, staying with a couple friends to help them out. From what I understand, he isn't able to have usual his merry way with a computer where he's at. He'll be back pretty soon.
ReplyDeleteAlso: I'm like you during the summer. I'd rather be outside doing shit, enjoying life and nature, rather than dickering around on a computer, indoors, all day. Not much of a life, to me, if you're doing that constantly.
Have a stupendously, fun-filled weekend! I plan on having just that. <3
Thanks, DramaQueen! =)
ReplyDeleteKelly - I didn't know how long Gary was going to be there for. I hope things are going well up there, eh. I miss his crack me up silliness and sweetness.
And fun, fun, fun! I'm alive again & remember what it's like; how wonderful, fun & beautiful life is, summer is. =)
Same to you!! I'm headed to Florida on Monday, so my weekend will more than likely be hectic. Lol
I wonder if vegetables get depressed?
ReplyDeleteAnyhoo..it sounds like you've been busy. And that's a good thing. You and Billy Pilgrim need to get together on the garden planning and share notes. I hear he has some hellacious marijuana crop he's growing. I think the corn you're growing would make a good cover...just some food for thought.
Hey, Static!
ReplyDeleteMy apologies for not dropping by in a while. I've been finding it hard enough these days to keep up with a lot of blogs.
Hey, I LIKE the way you think!!
Dehydrated Shit? I'll come and crap in yer veggie patch for free!
ReplyDeleteI'm incredible envious, however.
Hey LilPixi,
ReplyDeleteNow then, sweet chick, you're gonna' have to bear with me on this. My head is still really screwed up from jet-lag and thus, please forgive me if my comment makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, eh.
Anyway, I'm liking what y'all wrote in this posting and I sure can relate to it. I'm into a bit of gardening and I think of my garden as my 'oasis in my desert of despair', or something like that. I'm very impressed with your vegetable growing prowess and I wish I had a bit more success. Now then, lettuce think about me growing some veggies this year and hopefully those damned cats that insist on shitting in my vegetable patch will give peas a chance...
Sorry, I've been MIA. I shall now try to get back to some kinda routine.
Great posting, my friend.
Kind thoughts and a corny wish, your way, Gary :)
I have to apologise for the late running of this comment, I have been in Wales with only 2G access which seems to be enough to read (very slowly) but would not allow me to post. It would tease for about an hour, looking like it was stuffing the entry into the little red box and then either claim I had written too much or if I halved the comment would after another hour crash, start holding it’s grazed knee, (or a browsers equivalent) and sob uncontrollably (although that might have been me….) , however I make no apology for the length of this week’s comments, It’s your own fault for writing so much good stuff to get my teeth into
ReplyDeleteI spent over 5 years living day & night on a forum of seriously geeky folks who wanted to be hippies, it was so boring & messed up weird, you just wanted to shoot yourself in a state of "Is this really my life?"
Top tip for next time, don’t shoot yourself shoot the fake hippies….and don’t use real bullets, because even killing fake hippies would probably get you “life” and I don’t mean a good one….
Last year I spent weeks digging myself up gardens & experimenting with vegetables.
This alarmingly makes you sound like Joseph Mengele …While I’m no fan of vegetables I would not want to see them suffer unnecessarily. As long as I don’t have to eat the pesky things I feel they should be left to live out their pitiful lives in a peaceful manner….
Black Beauty & mini Gretel Eggplants.
Hold your horses, let’s rewind on that last comment “Black Beauty”…. As well as being Italian have you not informed us about some hidden French Ancestry…. eating the nice little horseyworsies ….Am I going to have to start a campaign “Horseradish yes, the nice little pony, no…”
Zucchinis
Black Beauty Eggplants (Aubergines & Courgettes according got Mr. B. ;~) You have to admit how much cooler those names are.
Of the 39 items you have mentioned if you include flowers, the ones I can tolerate are :-
Cauliflower (but only with a 95% to 5% cheese sauce ratio…and even then I’ll try and leave the cauliflower)
Squash (but only orange and Lemmon variety )
Butter Lettuce and Black Seeded Lettuce (but only with 90% salad dressing)
Asparagus (only because of the comedy value of it turning your pee nuclear day glow yellow and with the hope that it will be florescent after dark….)
Carrots (but only in cake)
Strawberries (but only English)
Grape (as long as it has not fermented….)
Beefsteak Tomatoes - (Hold the Sodding tomatoes, I’ll have mine rare thanks….)
Serano (isn’t that some sort of Spanish ham???)
flowers (but not poppies or daffodils….)
Onions (what do you mean they are not on tonight’s menu)
Potatoes (Dam it Christine with no Onions or Potatoes I’m going to have to eat some of that little horse in order survive and other than living next door to the French I have nothing else in common, certainly not blood….)
Part 2 – after almost 2 days of slow internet access and failed postings I discovered that there is a restriction on the number of characters a comment section can cope with – Doh!
ReplyDeleteNOW we're talking attack of the mutated, possibly homicidal vegetables. When they grow giant brains & start conspiring against me, I will let you know! When they break into my house & start drinking my tequila, the fucking war is ON!
You can send them over to mine , as far as I’m concerned they can have all the alcohol they want, just as long as they don’t
Puke on the cats (McG will only go and try to eat it….truly disgusting )
Or
Try and make me eat them…
Now, I'm not sure if you're familiar with the particular downfalls of gardening, but there's a general rule & that is "If you can grow it, some lil mutant shit insect can kill it in a day." I learned that the hard way. My two gigantic, fruiting Zucchini plants were wiped out in 24 hours by Squash Vine Borers, which dig their way into the the main stalk of the plant & eat it from the inside out, but if you think that's bad, meet my arch nemesis from Mars, the Tomato Horned Worm...
While I would like to be encouraging to you… and in all other aspect of life (apart from that dabbling with smoking) I feel I am….. Just in this particular case I’m backing both the Squash Vine Borers and Tomato Horned Worm all the way….
I’m putting on my little cheer leaders outfit and staring my chant
….Go Borers….Go Horned Worms….
Pom, poms in the air and finish with a flourish….
Ouch…..
I suspect attempting the splits at the end was not the best of plans….
Although on reflection the cheerleader outfit wasn’t my finest hour either…..next time I’ll just wear a supportive badge and put campaign posters in the windows….
So, as much as I wanted to continue going organic this year, I got me a big old bottle of Super Seven insecticide & there won't be shit eating my plants this year!
I guess that’s you off the organic cannibal supper menu then….You only have yourself to blame….
Carry on enjoying the summer and enjoying the adventures that will bring us your normal A1 blog entertainment…..and that’s an order
BlackLOG on location in a very damp and slow internet cursed Wales…
I just found out that the reply I posted to your comment has not published on the BlackLOG, I will try and put it on again later…Damn Welsh 2G internet access
Hey ya'll! =) I've been in Florida on vacation & it's almost supper time for us, but I'll be responding to your comments tonight as soon as I get a chance! XoXoXo
ReplyDeleteScots Lass - That had me snorting! Sounds like a plan! I spent a good chunk on that dehydrated cow shit this year!
ReplyDeleteGary - "Now then, lettuce think about me growing some veggies this year and hopefully those damned cats that insist on shitting in my vegetable patch will give peas a chance...
Hahaha! Gary, you kill me! I've missed you to pieces!! I hope you get back into some kind of a routine blogging soon. =) A corny wish? Lol. So much love my friend!! XoX
Niel, Niel, Niel - I was wondering where you had gone to! My apologies for not being over to the BlackLog more frequently to respond to comments. Everything back home was so busy & going so awkward for me & then I ended up running down here to the good old FLA to get away for a bit.
You caught me. I've been trying to ween off the horse burgers, but where I'm currently vacationing, the local restaurants serve "Gator Burgers" =0 So I guess it's some sort of a start, going from land to sea animal.
Fried cauliflower is delicious & one of my most favorite Italian dishes. Though, I wonder if something about asparagus truly is nuclear & if there's something they're not telling us, whomever "they" may be.
Spanish ham, LOL. I really can't believe I left out potatoes & onions as well. They're my top favorites. The name Beefsteak always makes me giggle a bit, and I like the way think regarding the vegetables, my friend.
I really just imagine drunk, pissed off vegetables getting your cats drunk.
I also just pictured you in a cheerleading outfit with pom poms. Thank you, that made my night!!
"Organic Cannibals" seems like a truly awesome band name!
I promise to get back to my regular blogging routine soon & also to get my buns back over to the BlackLog regardless of this weird lil vacation on another planet. And don't ever apologize for the lengthy comments. They're truly one of my biggest highlights of blogging! ;~}
Niel, Niel, Niel - I was wondering where you had gone to! My apologies for not being over to the BlackLog more frequently to respond to comments. Everything back home was so busy & going so awkward for me & then I ended up running down here to the good old FLA to get away for a bit.
ReplyDeleteAh, the getting out of town till the heat dies down trick…have you been a bad girl again????...Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone where you are…unless they ask.
You caught me. I've been trying to ween off the horse burgers, but where I'm currently vacationing, the local restaurants serve "Gator Burgers" =0 So I guess it's some sort of a start, going from land to sea animal.
While ordering a Gator Burger are you legally obliged to say “I’ll have a Gator Burger and make it snappy……”
Fried cauliflower is delicious & one of my most favorite Italian dishes. Though, I wonder if something about asparagus truly is nuclear & if there's something they're not telling us, whomever "they" may be.
”They” are the people that pull our strings and roll the dice that decides our fate in the lottery that is life…..They also move the remote control, change the setting on the toasters so it either burns or does nothing, hide your keys……
I really just imagine drunk, pissed off vegetables getting your cats drunk.
I always felt those Vegetables were untrustworthy, the cats seem to have permanent hangovers these days. I keep telling them to avoid the “Hair of the dog” but they just won’t listen
I also just pictured you in a cheerleading outfit with pom poms. Thank you, that made my night!!
I’m going to have to lose some weight, I appear to be suffering with a severe case of “Muffin top”.
"Organic Cannibals" seems like a truly awesome band name!
They are probably a recreation of the Fine Young cannibals only hungrier…
I promise to get back to my regular blogging routine soon & also to get my buns back over to the BlackLog regardless of this weird lil vacation on another planet. And don't ever apologize for the lengthy comments. They're truly one of my biggest highlights of blogging! ;~}
Sounds like you need to find some better blogging highlights…
It's funny you say that. I just got a flip flop key chain that actually says "Bad Girl" on it.
ReplyDeleteSupposedly those snappy gators taste like chicken, but I'm glad I'll never be one to find out!
"They" sure are tricky bastards, aren't they?!
Drunken cats & muffin tops - Your comments truly are like a carnival of entertaining laughter. There could not be much better about blogging, IMO. ;~}
That is one impressive mutant...worm...moth...thing. But such is the downfall to growing your own produce. You'll end up with all sorts of Darwinism gone mad in your garden. This is why I stick to a diet comprised entirely of booze, junk food and tits.
ReplyDeleteI fear I'll be facing them again soon, regardless of the Super Seven. I like your style, though junk food & I did have a falling out a long time ago.
ReplyDeleteYou saying that is a bit of a coincidence.
ReplyDeleteBecause I also like my style. It's awesome.